Courtesy Metro Transit Police.

Courtesy Metro Transit Police.

Metro Transit Police said they arrested Jerez Nehemiah Stone-Coleman, otherwise known as Kidd Cole, on charges that he made at least 11 false threats against Metro trains, stations, and buses.

The alleged 911 calls, which included claims that there was a bomb at the McPherson Square station and that someone was brandishing an AS-50 sniper rifle on a Metrobus, all involved specific threats or acts of violence, police said. Several of them resulted in disruptions to the transit system. Investigators said the cases date back to Dec. 12, 2014 and continued through this month.

Cole was arrested this morning at his residence in the 1600 block of Fort Davis Place, SE.

“This case demonstrates the seriousness with which we take all threats and the lengths to which we will go to bring those responsible to justice,” Metro Transit Police Chief Ron Pavlik said in a statement.

Apparently Cole has a history of conning others to the point that Google autocompleted my search for Kidd Cole with “scam.” A Facebook page with more than 1,000 likes has been chronicling Cole’s exploits, like a press release claiming he’d been signed with Island Records and Universal Music Group. And the Washington City Paper covered Cole’s turn on MTV’s Catfish, which tracks down supposed scam artists on behalf of their victims, last year.

In the episode, a woman named Lucille seeks help after Cole scammed her into arranging accommodations for his trip to D.C. and then leaves her with the bill.

In a separate case, Cole plead guilty and received a 12-month suspended sentence for a scam at Virginia Commonwealth University, which believed he was arranging for the rapper Big Sean to make an appearance.

Since then, Metro Transit Police claims that Cole has been busy making threats against the system. Among the acts they accuse him of:

  • “On January 20, 2015, the caller claimed that people “from France” told him that they planned to ambush the President’s motorcade and assassinate him that night. The caller went on to say that the same people had placed bombs around the Potomac Avenue Metro station, and also planned to kill a police officer. As a result of these threats, the entire Potomac Avenue Metro station was shut down and sweeps were conducted to check for the reported bombs or other destructive devices.
  • On January 22, 2015, the caller stated that he and his friends were planning to take hostages on Metrobus 6149 and that they would kill the hostages if they were not paid a $15 million ransom.
  • On February 22, 2015, MTPD received a bomb threat against Metrobus 7130 from a caller who advised that an individual wearing “all black clothing” and glasses had threatened to blow up the bus and was brandishing an AS-50 sniper rifle. The caller advised that the bus was near the Capitol.
  • On May 12, 2015, the caller claimed that someone had approached his nephew and told him that he/she was planning to blow up the Metro station.
  • In another 911 hoax call, a violent threat was conveyed against a Metrobus in the District of Columbia. The bus was stopped, evacuated and an innocent citizen who matched the lookout given by the caller was detained, questioned and frisked.
  • On April 14, 2015, the caller told a 911 dispatcher that a bomb had been placed at the McPherson Square Metro station, and that there was a bomb at the White House.
  • On May 5, 2015, the caller claimed that he had received information that certain individuals were planning to blow up a bus at the Potomac Avenue Metro station.”