The International Trump Hotel at the Old U.S. Post Office building has been a popular site for protests since Donald Trump first descended from his gilded escalator last June and criminalized Mexican and Latin American immigrants during his presidential announcement speech.

With less than two weeks until election day, the Republican nominee took time out of campaigning to attend the official ribbon-cutting for the luxury hotel in a city with a 99 percent likelihood of voting Democratic on November 8. He’s not the only one who showed up.

“Donald Trump, rich and rude—we don’t like your attitude!” chanted hundreds of protesters gathered outside to the rhythm of percussion.

It’s become common to pass by the hotel, which has been open since September 12, and hear shouts of “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!” On a near daily basis, demonstrators have voiced concerns about Trump having control over the nuclear arsenal, his treatment of women, and otherwise protest his candidacy. Earlier this month, someone spray painted the words “Black Lives Matter” and “No Justice, No Peace” on the granite walls in front of the hotel’s entrance on 12th Street. Advocates have filed a lawsuit to determine public access to the building’s exterior.

Today, members of the AFL-CIO and other organized labor groups are among those gathered, bringing attention to a worker dispute at his Las Vegas hotel. As the Washington Post reported, Trump initially planned to hold the ribbon cutting outside, but withdrew the request after the local AFL-CIO chapter received a permit to protest, joined by the Answer Coalition, which has been hosting a number of protests at the location.

Unlike the groundbreaking for the hotel in 2014, which featured a bevy of D.C. politicos, no prominent local officials attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Ivanka Trump, the nominee’s daughter, high profile surrogate, and executive vice president at the corporation, thanked a number of D.C. and federal agencies—including a namecheck for D.C. Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton, who she called “a great partner over the last five years.”

Back when the Republican nominee first called Mexicans rapists, Norton called on him to apologize. “I find the comments that ignited this unnecessary controversy to be uncharacteristic of the Donald Trump I have come to know as a businessman in our work on the Old Post Office building and unworthy of his business reputation,” she said in a statement.

Norton spoke at the Democratic National Convention in support of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, who she endorsed well ahead of the D.C. primary.

José Andrés, one of the celebrity chefs who pulled out of the hotel following Trump’s remarks, is spending the day campaigning for Hillary Clinton in Florida instead.

When Trump got up to speak, he emphasized that he was rushing to cut the ribbon before shipping off to North Carolina to campaign. He still had time to interrupt his attack on Clinton for a Newt Gingrich shout out after the surrogate’s interview with Megyn Kelly on Fox News last night. “We don’t play games, Newt, right?” Trump said.

While Trump touted the hotel as an example of what he could do in power, reports indicate that the historic Old Post Office has cut its rates due to empty rooms, and the Trump brand more generally has been tarnished by the campaign.