Photo by Alex Edelman.

Since Saturday afternoon, everyone who arrives at Dulles International Airport from an overseas flight is greeted by a tunnel of people waving, cheering, and giving away flowers.

But one of the primary chants—”Let them see their lawyers!”—is directed at Customs and Border Protection agents who remain in a holding area of the airport, alongside dozens of people whose entrance into the United States had been prevented by a new executive order passed on Friday by President Donald Trump.

The order bans people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the U.S. for the next 90 days and suspends the refugee admissions program for 120 days. The order has already gone into effect in airports throughout the U.S., and includes legal permanent residents, visa holders, and people with dual citizenship. The countries are Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen.

Lawyers posted at Dulles let out a big cheer when they learned that a Virginia judge issued a temporary restraining order that allows them to access the permanent legal residents currently in limbo. While the local decision doesn’t grant attorneys access to visa-holders, those with valid visas cannot be removed.

However, none of the lawyers have been granted access, leading them to accuse CBP of violating the court order.

Attorneys have been scrambling to find the text of a legal stay issued by a federal judge late Saturday evening that applies to both legal residents and visa-holders to determine what it means for those who’ve arrived here. Many of them are prepping by filing out blue forms called G-28s, which people sign to become clients.

There are only rough estimates of how many people at Dulles are currently “back there,” as people keep ominously calling the secondary inspection area. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol is not giving out information about how many people are in the holding area, but lawyers are compiling accounts from expectant family members.

“Dozens wouldn’t be an exaggeration,” says Sirine Shebaya, a civil rights attorney in D.C., one of many lawyers who came to the airport after the International Refugee Assistance Project put out a call. “We don’t know how many refugees, but we expect it might be a significant number.”

While lawyers don’t usually have access to the secondary inspection area, “it is unprecedented for green card holders to be held in secondary inspection,” says lawyer Dan Press.

One family member waiting for news is Said Hajouli, a Syrian physician who has lived in the D.C. area for two years on a J-1 visa. Saturday evening, his wife was supposed to join him here.

“She’s here in the airport,” he says. Saturday was the day of their big reunion, after seeing one another only one week during two years of marriage, “or it was supposed to be.” Said says. He spoke with her on the phone shortly after she landed at Dulles Saturday evening on a flight from Turkey with a J-2 visa.

“I hope that she’s going to come in but I’m very worried,” he says. He has a lawyer, but warned his wife to “expect that something bad is going to happen.”

After the stay came out, his lawyer, Alfred Robertson Jr., says that “she’s either going to be able to stay on J-2 or stay as an asylum applicant,” though he’s not sure when Said will see her. “It’s complicated.”

Dulles is one of many airports seeing protests in response to the executive order, including New York’s JFK Airport and Chicago’s O’Hare .

Earlier in the afternoon, Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe spoke at Dulles with state attorney general Mark Herring. He criticized the ban and said the state’s legal team was “assessing ways to oppose the policy.”

There are hundreds of demonstrators at Dulles, and their cheering is juxtaposed with worried family members slumped in the waiting area and gripping their phones.

One protester is 90-year old Joan Shorey, whose grandchildren brought her in her wheelchair. “I wanted to stand up and be counted, even if I can’t stand,” she says.

Lena Albibi is a Syrian-American raised in the U.S., who calls the ban “the antithesis of our country.” She”was just in absolute shock” when she learned about the new policy. “We’ve never been bombed by Syria,” she says.

Bryan Norwood, the vice president for public safety at the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority said there were no reports of issues with demonstrators. When asked how MWAA was dealing with the executive order, he told DCist, “This is not us. This is CBP.”

After news of the stay emerged, the crowd began to cheer “Si, se puede.”

Update: As Families Reunite At Dulles, Lawyers Say Customs And Border Protection Is Violating Court Order