Well, that was fast. Last week, the Office of Campaign Finance sent an email to Paul Zukerberg—a lawyer and former At-Large candidate—telling him to stop his campaign for attorney general because they’re not sure there will even be an election in 2014. But today, the OFC has apparently reversed their decision and will allow Zukerberg to continue.

In an email to DCist, Zukerberg said that he got word from the OFC that their previous email was “unclear,” and that he could continue campaigning. “Yesterday evening I received an email from the Office of Campaign Finance saying their previous order to stop raising and spending money for the April attorney general primary was unclear,” Zukerberg said. “The original letter from OCF was quite clear. It shut down my campaign. It told me to ‘refrain from collecting or expending any funds.’”

Zukerberg’s campaign to be the first elected attorney general in D.C. has been a tumultuous one, as the D.C. Council voted to approve a bill that would delay the election until 2018, despite the fact that D.C. voters voted to have one in 2014. Since then, Zukerberg has steadfastly been doing everything he can to ensure there will be an election next year, including trying to sue the Council.

After the minor roadblock from the OFC, it looks like Zukerberg’s campaign will go on, full force. From WAMU, who broke the story:

But in an email sent Monday afternoon, OCF’s spokesman Wesley Williams stepped back from that initial ruling, writing, “[I]t would appear that the Campaign Finance Act does not specifically prohibit the collection of contributions or the making of expenditures by, or address the reporting requirements or contribution limits of candidates for the Office of Attorney General.”

Now that the OFC is allowing Zukerberg to officially raise funds again, he can continue his campaign. But he’ll still have to take the Council to court to determine the fate of the election after the mandated 30-day Congressional review. “I will continue my campaign for attorney general, and I will fight for the right of all D.C. voters to elect their attorney general in 2014,” Zukerberg said. “The OCF ruling allowing my campaign to continue is a big win, but other bigger battles remain to be fought.”