Chris Brown’s D.C. assault trail will continue, as the singer rejected a plea deal today with prosecutors.
According to NBC4, the plea deal went south between Brown’s lawyers and prosecutors over the “public statement” he would have to make in court. Had Brown’s lawyers made the deal, it would have saved him from serving any addition jail time.
Brown, along with his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy, were arrested in October of last year after an incident outside the W Hotel in which they allegedly punched a 20-year-old Maryland man who tried to get in a photograph that Brown was taking with the man’s girlfriend and another woman. Brown and Hollosy were initially charged with felony assault, but that was later reduced to a misdemeanor.
Shortly after Brown and his legal team entered the D.C. Superior Court this afternoon, “word came that there was no agreement on a plea deal,” NBC4 reports. A new trial date was reportedly set for September 8th.
“He’s not gonna read their script,” Brown’s defense attorney said. He may not, but he’ll read whoever’s script it was that said he should wear a leather suit coat in this weather:
check the weather, fool RT @MacFarlaneNews: For the record – Chris Brown was wearing leather suit coat in DC court today
— Jenny Rogers (@jennyrogersDC) June 25, 2014