Photo by Adam Fagen.

Photo by Adam Fagen.

On Tuesday, many Green Line passengers experienced a rather long, frustrating commute home in part because a man allegedly pulled the emergency switch aboard his train after missing his stop.

NBC4 first reported on the incident, which Metro officials confirmed, and a video surfaced showing the man scurrying off the train with his young child after they supposedly forgot to get off at their stop at L’Enfant Plaza. Since then, a lot of people have expressed their frustration with the man in question—who Metro Transit Police are currently searching for questioned and released—because of the delays he (along with a previous “signal problem” at the same station) caused.

But that story may not be what really happened. A reader who was aboard the train with the man in question (and wished to remain anonymous) tells DCist that he didn’t miss his stop. He and his young daughter got on the train at L’Enfant Plaza and his young son couldn’t get on as the doors closed, stranding him on the platform.

“They started freaking out and people thought there was someone stuck in the door, which is why the emergency switch was pulled,” the reader says. The reader also says that the man didn’t actually pull the emergency lever to open the door, in fact. It was two other passengers who did it because they thought someone was stuck in the door as the train started to move.

Of course, there is no way to verify this account of events. Metro spokesperson Dan Stessel says that they can’t confirm this recounting of the incident as there was no police report taken. Here’s the video of the man and his daughter getting off the train after the emergency switch was pulled: