Photo by Beau Finley.

Photo by Beau Finley.

The same Metro Transit Police Officer accused of excessive use of force during an arrest in October is now facing similar criticism for an incident that occurred this past Saturday evening in the Dupont Circle Metro Station.

WUSA9 reports that two 22-year-old women are calling for the officer to be fired after he allegedly assaulted them.

The women, Stevie Kitching and Laurel Watkins, call what occurred an “attack” as they were en route back to Virginia after drinking in D.C. Kitching told WUSA 9 that the officer told them to leave after she sat down on the escalator, and they complied.

About half an hour later, around 9:30 p.m., the two returned to the station to take Metro home. At this point, the same officer—who they identify as Andy Vinh—again told them to leave, and they turned on their cell phone cameras.

The women question why they need to leave. “Because I said so,” he responds. “Get out.” They continue to ask why they’re being kicked out, and that’s when the altercation appears to get physical. The women showed WUSA 9 photos of bruises they say they sustained in the interaction.

“The officer has been placed on administrative leave and relieved of police powers while an internal investigation is underway,” says Metro spokesperson Morgan Dye.

A lawyer for Vinh was at a deposition this afternoon, according to his receptionist, and has not yet responded to a request for comment

Earlier this month, a video emerged showing Vinh grabbing a woman’s arm and kicking her leg, which knocks her to the ground, after she brought a bag of chips and a lollipop into the Columbia Heights Metro station.

The footage prompted a use of force investigation, after public outcry and a specific request from Metro General Manager Paul Wiedefeld.

Ward 1 Councilmember Brianne Nadeau also called for a review, writing to Wiedefeld that the video “indicates an excessive use of force for a violation of consuming food at a metro station … I am extremely concerned that WMATA police officers took the measures they did in detaining this young woman.”

“The review of the Columbia Heights arrest remains open and active,” says Dye. Vihn was not taken off active duty due to his involvement because “in that case, the individual arrested was not injured and did not file a complaint,” according to Dye.

As The Washington Post uncovered, Vinh has a history of other incidents with complaints of excessive use of force, all against women.

In one 2010 incident, also captured with a camera phone, he allegedly grabbed a woman by her neck and slammed her to the ground. In another earlier this year, “he uses force to push to the ground two teenagers who had been eating Wendy’s sandwiches on a Green Line train and did not leave the Metro system as ordered,” the Post report.

Vinh was terminated from Metro in November of 2013 after being convicted of second-degree assault. His wife at the time accused him of putting her in an armlock, according to the Post, though the conviction was overturned on appeal. Metro rehired Vinh in March of 2014.

Updated with comment from Metro spokesperson Morgan Dye.