Yesterday, we featured some of the oddest candidate statements from the D.C. Voter Guide — but self-proclaimed “First Afro-Latino in History” Carlos Allen was nowhere to be found. Don’t worry though: the White House crasher-cum-mayoral candidate may have penned a mundane candidate statement, but he was just postponing the political awkwardness until today.
Sep 30, 2010
Carlos Allen Has An Empire State of Mind
Carlos Allen sure seems like an interesting guy. Beyond his claim to fame as the second White House crasher, the self-proclaimed first Afro-Latino in history has continued his independent quest for the city’s highest elected office. But beyond a few campaign signs and a lucky drawing to be first on November’s ballot, there’s not really much evidence of a concerted effort to actually win the general election. Until now.
Carlos Allen, noted (alleged) White House party crasher and former party promoter, is still running for Mayor. Allen will appear on the ballot for the November general election as an independent candidate and signs for his campaign have started popping up on lightpoles around town. Allen’s taking a very interesting angle in this campaign signage: he boasts that he is “The First Afro-Latino in History.”
Image courtesy the DCist tipline Life doesn’t appear to be a stroll in a rose garden lately for accused White House crasher Carlos Allen. On March 15, Allen, 39, posted a message on the website of his former party promotion and publishing outfit, HushGalleria, explaining that he had decided to “retire” from the company, effective immediately. His quixotic campaign for mayor has gone exactly nowhere thus far. And now it appears as though he’s…
Mar 11, 2010
Carlos Allen Reportedly Pondering a Mayoral Run
Oh dear sweet lord. Politico’s Kiki Ryan reports that fliers advertising a possible mayoral run by alleged White House crasher Carlos Allen are popping up around town. Allen’s attorney, A. Scott Bolden, confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that it is “an accurate document.” Allen tells POLITICO his campaign is in an “exploratory” phase: “I want to see what people are saying and go from there,” he said.Hilarious. Well, DCist commenters, you heard ‘im. Allen, the…
Jan 12, 2010
Duh, Carlos Allen’s State Dinner ‘Invite’ Isn’t Real
If you watched that Good Morning America segment with accused White House crasher Carlos Allen and his D.C. attorney, A. Scott Bolden, you saw an image of the “invitation” Allen provided to the show as proof that he “got an actual invite in the mail” to the Nov. 24 state dinner. But true to form, Reliable Source is now here to smack down that assertion. Allen’s “invite” looks instead an awful lot like the…
Accused “third crasher” Carlos Allen, along with his attorney, A. Scott Bolden, appeared in an interview with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts earlier this morning. While insisting that he was actually invited to the Nov. 24 White House state dinner (“I got an actual invite in the mail,” he said), the story Allen told today sounded (not to mention looked, the guy could not have appeared to be more uncomfortable) like a pretty big…
Jan 05, 2010
What is the HushGalleria Mansion?
The “HushGalleria Mansion” The Washington Post has its own story up now about the so-called “Third Crasher” at the Nov. 24 White House state dinner. His name is Carlos Allen, and he’s the man behind HUSH Society Magazine and the HushGalleria Mansion, a private party space located inside a large rowhouse in Mt. Pleasant. We noted the Newsmax.com article that first reported the “third crasher” story at the end of the day yesterday, but…