WJLA/ABC7 reports that an unidentified Metrorail operator was suspended for five days without pay after a Metro rider posted a YouTube video of the driver that appears to show him using a cell phone to send an SMS while operating a Blue Line train.

You can’t specifically tell what the operator is doing in the grainy cell phone video — he’s just seen looking down at something in his hands — but it was apparently evidence enough for WMATA to issue the suspension. Metro operators are absolutely forbidden to use their cell phones while on duty. The quote given to WJLA by Metro spokesperson Lisa Farbstein says it all: “There is no explanation in terms of an excuse,” she said. “There is absolutely no excuse.”

The video was recorded on June 5, and the news breaks just a little over two weeks after the deadly Red Line Crash. Metro chief John Catoe has previously cleared Jeanice McMillan, the operator who lost her life in that crash, of any charges of having been distracted by her cell phone — he said McMillan’s phone was found inside her backpack after the crash.