Photo by Tim Brown.

Photo by Tim Brown.

Since it opened in late September, the National Museum of African American History and Culture has already seen 1 million visitors walk through the door.

The museum announced the milestone this week, alongside the news that the average weekend visitor spends about six hours or more inside, as compared to about 75 minutes to two hours for other museums.

To accommodate the intense interest in the museum, the Smithsonian has been releasing free timed passes to enter.

By the end of 2016, the African American History and Culture Museum had already netted 733,000 visits, making it the ninth most visited Smithsonian museum of the year, despite being open for less than four months.

In January 2017, the museum saw 169,000 visitors of the Smithsonian’s total 1.6 million visits.

One special visitor today? President Donald Trump, who attended alongside his daughter Ivanka, South Carolina Senator Tim Scott, and Ben Carson, his nominee for secretary of housing and urban development.

Smithsonian Secretary David Skorton told the pool reporter that Trump particularly enjoyed the exhibit on Muhammad Ali. “He’s a big fan of fighting,” another official said.

“We did a pretty comprehensive tour but not comprehensive enough, so Lonnie [Bunch, the museum’s founding director] I’ll be back, I told you that, because I could stay here for a lot longer, believe me, it’s really incredible,” Trump said in remarks after his abridged tour. “It’s something that frankly, if you want to know the truth, it’s doing so well that everybody’s talking about it.”

Trump also said that “this tour was a meaningful reminder of why we have to fight bigotry, intolerance, and hatred in all of its very ugly forms.”

After months of remaining silent on the issue, the president addressed anti-Semitism in his remarks. Jewish community centers have seen a marked increase in bomb threats this year in 27 states, including 11 on Monday. Vandals knocked over nearly 200 headstones at a historic Jewish cemetery near St. Louis.

“The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and are a painful and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out hate and prejudice and evil,” said Trump, who continues to employ Steve Bannon as a chief White House strategist.

Bannon used to run Breitbart, a website often accused of fearmongering against Jews, among other groups. (Choice column excerpt? “Hell hath no fury like a Polish, Jewish, American elitist scorned.”) In a police report, his ex-wife said that Bannon “said that he doesn’t like Jews and that he doesn’t like the way they raise their kids to be ‘whiney brats’ and that he didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews.”