It seems that the Lord really is on their side. Church-goers have gotten a brief reprieve on a promised city crackdown on their Sunday double-parking habits, reports the Washington Times.

We wrote yesterday that the District would start ticketing the controversial double-parkers on April 23, but the Times is indicating that the enforcement date has been pushed back to May 21 for Logan Circle and July 1 for the rest of the city. The delay is being blamed on weather conditions that have not allowed the city to move forward with marking new lanes and adding new on-street parking spaces in Logan Circle, the neighborhood which will serve as a pilot for the rest of the District. States the article:

Officials said unacceptable weather conditions delayed lane marking in Logan Circle, where the new arrangement had been scheduled to take effect this month. Signs have been installed and the painting began yesterday. Multiple days of clear conditions are required for the paint to adhere properly, officials said…Officials said the Logan Circle design will add 77 permanent and 78 Sunday-only parking spaces by reconfiguring some lines and allowing parking next to medians…Notices about the Logan Circle enforcement will be distributed to parishioners and residents starting Sunday, Miss LeBlanc said, and citywide warnings will be issued in mid-June.

Area churches are still planning on rallying this Sunday at 2 p.m. in Logan Circle against the crackdown, and are currently circulating a petition asking that D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams delay any enforcement plans for a year.